Fibromyalgia, RA, MS
These are also referred to as connective tissue dysfunctions or systemic autoimmune diseases. Presence of spontaneous over activity of the nerve response and immune system that result in the production of extra antibodies into the circulation. An overload of chemical toxins build up causes painful trigger points. When a client is in pain its extremely hard to get regular exercise to pump out these unwanted toxins. It’s important to get massages with compression strokes aimed toward the heart. Trigger point therapy also helps remove muscle non-compliance, which in turn re-educates the nervous system’s mind-body response to a balanced homeostasis.
Common collagen vascular diseases include:
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) – It’s all about stimulating the lymphatic system to engage a healing response that builds immunity.
- Rheumatoid arthritis – Stretching is crucial to being able to maintain movement in everyday life. Positional release with pinning attachments brings about increased range of motion felt immediately.
- Mixed Connective Tissue Disease – A contraction of a cobweb like tissue that can become adhered to the muscle causing a sluggish return of any fluid involving the circulatory system is greatly improved, gaining you the active lifestyle you deserve!
- Multiple Sclerosis – Multiple symptoms are felt by these clients. Any relief, whether from in feet,hands, neck or full body, increases stamina, range of motion and immunity. It also releases natural endorphins, showing tremendous results.
- Fibromyalgia – With fibromyalgia, an extreme amount of trigger points are found. It’s a slow process that is at first painful. Gradually, solid relief is kept if treatment is continued for a consistent amount of time. It’s confidence building when you take control of over-excited nerves. There’s no better way to sedate the nervous system than to relax every nerve entrapped in a muscle.
- Myofascial Disorders – Massage therapy creates T Cells that provide cancer-fighting power to prevent often weakened systems from flare-ups and inflammation. Massage circulates blood and triggers the lymphatic system, increasing immunity with each and every treatment. Range of motion lost due to muscular contraction improves tremendously. When massage is implemented regularly, overactive nerves respond by creating a balance in homeostasis and hormones. This allows the body and mind to resume a good quality of life.
I have personal experience with autoimmune dysfunctions and can testify on behalf of neuromuscular therapy.It is one of the most beneficial therapies I’ve received.