While traditional massage is great for stress relief and relaxation, when you suffer from pain, neuromuscular therapy (NMT) can provid you with much needed relief.
Have you heard about NMT?
You long for relief, but having someone touch your neck sounds way out of the question. Maybe you’ve not considered massage because you feel it’s just to relieve stress and you know your pain is caused by something other than stress.
There’s good news!
NMT massage works by “turning off” the nerve signals to the pain receptors. The area can be worked without causing you more pain. This technique seeks to eliminate pain, acute or chronic. NMT addresses five leading causes of pain:
- Ischemia: the lack of blood flow to soft tissues that causes hypersensitivity to touch.
- Trigger points: highly irritated points in muscles that refer pain to other parts of the body.
- Nerve entrapment/compression: pressure on a nerve by soft tissue, cartilage or bone.
- Postural distortions: imbalance of the muscular system. Longtime poor postural habits are the most common cause of pain from this element.
- Biomechanical dysfunction: imbalance of the musculoskeletal system resulting in faulty movement patterns (i.e., poor lifting habits, computer keyboarding, bad mechanics in a golf swing or tennis stroke).
You may also hear Neuromuscular therapy called trigger point myotherapy. NMT is a precise and thorough examination and treatment plan of your body’s soft tissues using a science-based foundation and guided by clinical evidence.
Because I want people to live pain-free lives, Ozark Massage Clinic specializes in pain relief. Our motto is “Where Pain becomes RELIEF.”
Swedish massages (or relaxation massages) are great because stress can aggravate pain. We have treatment plans that combine stress relief with pain relief.
If you suffer from chronic pain, it’s worth giving me a call to see if NMT is right for you. If you have a family member that suffers, I’d love to have the opportunity to evaluate and see if we can help.
I invite you to come out to The OC on April 8 for Showcase Ozark. It’s a free community event that the Ozark Chamber of Commerce sponsors. Stop by our booth. It’s a perfect time to visit. Besides, you can also sign up for a free massage!
Interested in reading more? Check out these resources.
- Massage Therapy Styles and Benefits | WebMD
- Conditions that Massage Therapy Relieves | Ozark Massage Clinic
P.S. Gift certificates are always available. Simply click here. You can help loved ones with their pain, but there’s no shame in getting one for yourself too. You deserve to be pain-free as well.